Career Level Executive
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- An Accounting e.g BAcc, BCompt, BCom.
- A post graduate qualification e.g. Chartered Accountant or MBA, relevant senior leadership and development programmes.
- Proven track record of delivery in a senior product, financial and risk management capacity in a leading financial institution.
- Proven track record of interpreting and practicing integrated product, financial and risk management principles.
- Experience in process re-engineering and change management.
- Experience in management of financial objectives, both value creation and cost reduction.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Defines the Products Retail strategy in alignment with the Bank.
- Ensures the development of client centric solutions in collaboration with client
segments, Personalisation, Digital and E-Commerce, Technology, etc.
- Provides relevant client teams with product and solution specific insights that can be incorporated into client value propositions.
- Ensures appropriate strategic alignment and integration between product areas (e.g. Asset Financing, Payments, etc.) to allow maximizing of customer solution enablement and delivery.
- Management of End-to-End value chain through Product Leaders. Direct and Indirect reports.Determines optimal pricing models for product and customer and when to alert relevant stakeholders of any pricing decisions that improve or compromise financial objectives and propose relevant remediation actions.
- Makes final trade off decisions in conjunction with Retail Banking Exco.
- Ensures that the Product business drivers are accurately reflected in the target setting process to achieve the overall Headline Earnings targets per product at a customer Banking level across Retail.
- Drives the overall product profitability and ROE as set by the financial objectives enabled by customer growth.
- Defines and monitors product economics requirements (including pricing and margin management) across products.
- Acts as a central point of accountability for product and solution design, evaluation, management, measurement and reporting.
- Ensures compliance with Credit and Operational Risk standards.
- Represents Product at CRMC, ALCO (Assets and Liabilities Committee), etc. for relevant decision making.
- Ensures escalation procedures exist for the reporting and resolution of specific breaches of policy, regulatory breaches, key product issues and control failings or weaknesses.
- Develops and enhances Products and/or pricing governance.
- Provides relevant product specific technology requirements in order to achieve profitability and client experience objectives.
- Sets the example in line with the Bank’s leadership identity, core values and People Promise.
- Enables integrated ways of working and collaboration across the value chain to deliver for the client.
- Delivers on the Bank’s shared purpose and instilling a culture which enables the Bank to evolve into a client led platform organisation.
- Ensures alignment to the Human Resources standards with regards to all employee-related matters.
- Provides input into talent strategy developed by People and Culture.
- Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the Human Resources function.