Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years if relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in client service environment.
Key Result Areas
- Lead the development and execution of strategic client plans (together with the core CST) and manage and drive the implementation of client plans. Client plans developed and implemented.
- Continuously research and analyse the clients’ business context operations and financial performance.
- Identify individuals best suited to meet the client’s needs across products to form part of the core Client Service Teams (CSTs) (i.e. based on client opportunity and to be reviewed regularly).
- Manage Client Relationship Teams across relevant geographies (when applicable) by ensuring that individuals are clear on their contribution and
- Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Bank’s internal network to ensure that all the Bank’s relevant expertise is brought to bear in every client interaction, robust and stable client service (in partnership with business lines) is maintained, client results are delivered and that anyimpediments to client delivery are overcome through the availability of credible internal resources to build and leverage strong long-term relationships with the client’s key decision makers.
- Regularly communicate client strategic opportunities to the extended CST,and lead effective communication sharing within the CST.
- Develop critical relationships with client decision makers and regularly define and communicate commercial opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Oversee the execution of client activities in line with developed strategic client plans.
- Develop and align detailed client marketing plans (with inputs from the GM, TPS, Risk and IB coverage) and drive the client’s pricing and ROE
(including relevant drivers e.g. risk grade, industry outlook, etc.).
- Coordinate relevant programmes for each client (including entertainment and economic/sector road shows) and participate in key decision making
activities by the client to ensure that the bank is included in any request of advisory and financing services.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific sector knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and other relevant geographies and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant
- Ensure the administration and analysis of the Client Service Surveys, as well as the implementation of focused action plans needed to address the gaps Identified.
- Support the Global and or Sector Head in overall management and coordination of the client relationship and client/sector strategy including
the provision of input into the strategic direction and value proposition of the Bank.
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of external markets (at country, sector and client level) to ensure that new opportunities for thebank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
- Drive and own annual budgets together with product houses and monitor actual performance against budget, drive product cross-sell and client profitability.
- Manage overall client cost and revenue including the monthly tracking of revenue contributions per client as well as the understanding of key drivers and variances to proactively respond to threats of reducing opportunity.
- Drive and provide input to timeous preparation, review, sign-off and motivation of PCC and credit paper submissions (managing end-to-end
credit process including facility letters, regularisation of conditions, etc.) and optimally allocate credit limits and manage exposures across product
and geography. Act as the “first line of defence” as required by the Credit Standard.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank (in all relevant geographies and sectors) to ensure
relevant and informed client conversations.
- Leverage research products offered by the bank for the client’s advantage and focus on enhancing cross-selling opportunities and originating
profitable transactions in conjunction with the product areas.
- Conduct portfolio ROE (vs. prior year and budget) analysis, Cross Sell Ratio for portfolios, portfolio credit losses and write-offs, pro-active portfolio
management resulting in zero losses in the portfolio (including excess management and facility compliance), portfolio actual revenue and net
profit growth analysis and pro-active management of the portfolio pipeline and activities using the appropriate tools.
- Proactive portfolio management, business origination and development within the Portfolio and effective timeous management of the portfolio deal
- Conduct set routine activities such as, produce monthly reporting, reviewing of pricing, interests’ rates, etc. Ensure the accuracy of the data in the system.
- On an annual basis, review the pricing concessions.