Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- University degree (in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Banking).
- 8-10 years’ experience in banking operations at least five of which at senior level within universal commercial banking.
- Experience in Trade and International Payments and ALL Payment and bank transaction processes.
- A good knowledge of Treasury transactions back-office processing.
- A good understanding of Credit Operations and related security documentation.
- Knowledge of regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Project Management Skills. Certification in Project Management an added advantage.
- Strong leadership, motivational, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Proven knowledge and experience with bank systems including vendor management.
- Broad knowledge and skills related to Retail and Corporate Banking markets and products.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- As a member of the bank’s EXCO, take a proactive role in contributing to the performance of the bank, Through the support functions under operations, ensure quality service delivery and efficient processes.
- Represent the bank at relevant industry forums of Heads of Operations. Monitor competitor, and regulatory developments in relation to Operations and ensure the bank adopts relevant responses.
- Responsible for re-engineering business processes to achieve high productivity, cost effectiveness. Deploy new innovative, technology driven work processes.
- Implement and maintain appropriate operating procedures manuals, user guides, management information systems and tools track the performance of the operations department, as part of service delivery to customers as well as to control operational risks.
- Manage business continuity for service delivery, and regulatory compliance. Liaise with the Bank’s Legal and Compliance for all necessary clarifications and guidance.
- Be able to recommend, influence, demand and challenge technology interventions for operations and service delivery. Manage relevant end-to-end service improvement initiatives and provide regular reports on progress.
- Monitor and maintain control day-to-day operations (Account Services, Messaging Centre (SWIFT), Trade and Payments, Credit Back Office & Treasury Back Office Operations) as per the respective Operations policies.
- Minimize losses arising due to operational, and process lapses within set appetite and loss limits.
- Design transaction and reconciliation rules and oversee Processing & Reconciliation accuracy of accounts owned by the unit.
- Identify and manage Key Operational Risks through a standardized approach. Design Key Control Self Assessments (KCSA) to manage the risk objectives.
- Ensure adherence to operational policies, procedures, service standards and performance measures in all areas including managing Operational Risks and KYC.
- Support the Managing Director in fulfilling requirements of the department within the Group and with other relevant partners.
- Ensure effective collaboration with other departments within the bank. Lead the team for high performance.
- To work with business to define end-to-end service levels through agreed metrics or SLA’s that are measurable, meaningful and meet business expectations. Ensure Impact of problems is agreed in the SLA (severities are clearly defined) and that there are no instances where an SLA is met but business expectation is not satisfactory.
- Ensure SLA reporting analysis is carried out and communicated to relevant business managers.
- Ensure system improvement plans are in place and tracked. Work with business to schedule maintenance downtime windows.
- Ensure standard change process is adhered to and that business fully understand and approve planned changes. Ensure changes are ready for production and properly tested prior to implementation.