Career Level Executive
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Banking, Finance, Financial Engineering,
Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Actuarial Science, Economics, Accounting or similar qualification from a recognised institution.
- Risk related professional certification e.g. FRM, PRM, CERM, CFA.
- A Master’s Degree, preferably quantitative in a relevant discipline, such as Finance, Banking, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, is an added advantage.
- Advanced statistical skills, credit risk modelling/analysis, data mining and financial analysis.
- Clear understanding of portfolio risks related to vintage and delinquency trends.
- Strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in Risk Management, Audit or Compliance environment, 5 of which
should be at managerial level.
- KEY RESULT AREAS
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
- Identify all the risks which are key to THE BANK.
- Establish the Risk Appetite Framework and recommend it for Board approval.
- Execute Basel and financial reporting risk related requirements.
- Coordinate the drafting and updating of risk policies and procedures in line with guidelines defined by the Board of Directors.
- Develop the risk assessment criteria (RAC) for use in drafting corporate and departmental risk registers.
- Establish, in agreement with department heads, key risk indicators, ratios, tools and processes to facilitate assessment of performance against strategies defined by the Board of Directors.
- Participate in projects and conduct risk training to explain risk management processes and methodologies to assist THE BANK staff to understand their responsibilities in relation to risk management.
- Enforce incorporation of concise and articulate roles and responsibilities of the Board/Board Committees, executive management, departmental management and staff, Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit in risk policies and procedures.
- Recommend, for Board approval, all modifications to key principles, policies, processes and procedures related to risk management.
- Conduct risk assessment on new products and enforce implementation of risk mitigation measures before product roll-out.
- Report periodically in an appropriate way to different audiences, i.e. the Board or Board Committees, executive management and departmental management, on key risk metrics, risk accountabilities as well as the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management policies and procedures.
- Track proactively regulatory changes and emerging risks and make necessary changes to THE BANK’s policies and processes to maintain compliant and adequate risk mitigation measures.
- Participate in strategy formulation through performing risk assessment on THE BANK’s likelihood to achieve the set strategies.
- Evaluate the proposal for new products, projects and modification to credit granting authorities, proposing recommendations to the Managing Director and the Board or Board Committees for approval.
- Administer enterprise-wide business impact analyses (BIAs) and coordinate the development and updating of the organization’s business continuity plan (BCP) for approval by the Board.
- Coordinate, with the CFO, the development and maintenance of the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and Recovery Plan documents.
- Design the internal processes regarding the governance and compliance requirements of the ICAAP and Recovery Plan documents.
- Model Risk Management Framework Develop and update the Model Risk Management Framework and oversee its implementation.
- Enforce maintenance of an inventory of THE BANK models to facilitate timely tracking and approval of model changes in line with the Model Risk Management Framework.
- Develop, and present for evaluation and approval, methodologies to identify, measure, control and mitigate the different types of risks present in THE BANK’s normal operations.
- Develop and monitor analytical tools to measure risk in Leasing and Retail portfolios and study the trends for business growth, portfolio quality and risk levels. Recommend advice on enhancements required to meet regulatory and leading practice requirements.
- Evaluate compliance with the set risk appetite and tolerances, approved exposure limits and authorization levels and recommend remedial action in case of non-compliance.
- Review systematically the exposures by risk type for the main clients, economic sectors, geographical area and other segmentations.
- Design an information system, based on objective and timely reports as well as defined limits, and report the results periodically to the Board Risk Management Committee.
- Coordinate the generation and analysis of risk management reports (e.g. Net cash flow /trend analysis, vintage analysis, early payments, defaults, what-if analysis and leading indicators reports).
- Monitor the credit watch list, collection and default management processes. Enforce the delinquency management policy and monitor the legal book.
- Conduct periodic market surveillance to identify emerging risks that may impact THE BANK’s risk profile.
- Ensure that the Managing Director is kept up to date with the risk position of THE BANK on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate operations and activities related to business strategy to assess compliance with business norms and internal policies.
- Establish evaluation tools for the credit operations, informing the responsible management and staff the risks identified and proposing corrective alternatives.
- Prepare and review risk reports before submission to third parties, including the Central Bank.
- Visit the branches periodically to evaluate and update the risk map or dashboard.
- Review credits approved with exceptions to credit policies, assessing that all the policies and procedures to grant the exception are within acceptable practices.
- Evaluate adequacy of credit risk and operational risk controls.
- Evaluate the administrative and financial performance of the Risk and Monitoring unit.
- Review revision of authorisation limits and generate periodic reports on results.
- Environmental, Social and Governance Framework (ESG).
- Oversee implementation of the ESG program on THE BANK’s qualifying credit clientele base.
- Enforce periodic review of ESG ratings for running facilities.
- Identify opportunities of enhancing the ESG program and recommend the enhancements to the Board Risk Management Committee for approval.