Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- A bachelor’s Degree in human resources (essential)
- At least 3 years human resource experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel for reporting purposes.
- Able to communicate with discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Organised and proactive with his/her work.
- Have the ability to build effective working relationship
Key Result Areas
- Assist with recruitment initiatives.
- Job descriptions relevant and up to date.
- Vacancies filled in line with policies, headcount, and budget.
- Suitably qualified persons appointed.
- Job advertisements market the company as an employer-of-choice.
- Job advertisements appear in a range of relevant media (print, online, social media etc) and reach intended market.
- Robust and effective interview process.
- Unsuccessful applicants who attend interviews are contacted and regretted.
- Background and reference checks are conducted before offers of employment are made.
- Inductions carried out.
- New employees become productive and valued members of their team.
- Appropriate employment documentation in use throughout organisation.
- Employment contracts, letters of offer, workplace policies, non-disclosure agreements, and organogram are collated.
- Terms and conditions of employment are compliant with labour legislation.
- Employees have valid and signed employment contract and personnel files are maintained and contain all necessary documents.
- Fixed-term periods and probationary periods are tracked and actioned.
- Employees are aware of the company workplace policies and up-to-date organogram.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is gathered for new employees (employment and beneficiary forms) and updated on the personnel file.
- Competent handling of employee relations issues.
- Tracking of employee leave.
- Identification of high levels of absenteeism and exhaustion of paid sick leave entitlement.
- Respond to employee leave enquiries.
- Grievances and complaints resolved within the set time lines.
- Managers advised on employee misconduct issues and appropriate action taken.
- Company Policy and procedures manual followed, and amendments suggested when required.
- Exit interviews conducted for departing employees.
- Performance management processes occurring bi-annually.
- Up-to-date communication on PM processes given to employees and managers.
- Performance review results co- ordinated.
- Documentation from appraisals is filed and action points addressed.