Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Degree in Accounting or any related field.
- CA or equivalent a must.
- Master’s degree qualification will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and International Auditing Standards is a must.
- Knowledge of agro-business auditing policies, standards, and procedures will also be added advantage.
- At least a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role.
Key Result Areas
- Assists in the development of the institution’s annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews work papers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assesses risk and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manages project to quality outcomes, and meets established time budget.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, findings, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
- Drafts evolving audit opinion and updates Management and Finance, Risk and Audit Committee.
- Reviews and issues final audit report in relation to work.
- Keeps abreast of the company’s policies and procedures, current developments in accounting auditing and risk professions, and changes in local laws, as applicable.
- Supervises, conducts and reports on the testing and adequacy of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Investigates and determines causes of irregularities and errors.
- Engages with Executives to agree on audit scope and deliveries (incl. risk assessment and controls and adequacy assessments).
- Assists management in developing their risk management strategy and policy in accordance with Finance, Risk and Audit Committee-approved risk appetite and segment requirements.
- Ensures that risk processes (risk assessment, identification, management, reporting and optimisation) are occurring at the business unit level.
- Provides support and assistance to management where required to embed risk management and provides challenges where deemed appropriate.
- Provides independent opinion on risk and control environment in specific business unit or