Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Business Commerce or Business Management.
- 5 to 7 years working experience in Marketing with profound knowledge of the field, but deep expertise in Brand and sponsorship Marketing.
- Branding and Marketing savvy, a proven ability to develop sponsorship and marketing strategies and to influence all levels of employees to effectively enhance brand engagement and brand reputation.
- Working experience in planning, organising, managing large corporate events in order to establish and enhance brand equity for the organisation.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Act as the Sponsorship custodian and subject matter expert to ensure adherence to Compliance, Procurement and Group sponsorship policies and guidelines.
- Actively contribute to the Group Brand and Marketing toolbox and minimum standards as it relates to Sponsorships, Events and Corporate Social Investment.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Client Segments and Client Solutions senior leaders, Finance, Procurement and external service providers to ensure an aligned approach with regards to events management.
- Build customer information databases used for events and stakeholder relations management in order to conduct detailed analysis and to present findings and insights to Client Segments.
- Compile and maintain an event calendar for the respective Client Segments and Client Solutions and bank wide activities in order to achieve the stated business objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Client Segments business strategies in order to translate business requirements into event specifications and experiences.
- Develop and drive the implementation of the Event Management Policy and monitor adherence and compliance.
Develop and implement the Sponsorship Policy for the Bank to ensure alignment to Client Segments and Client Solutions strategies as well as Group Brand and Marketing strategic aspirations.
- Develop and present Sponsorship, Events and CSI status and reports to the CLC, Board and other Governance forums to enable effective decision making and prioritisation based on strategic objectives.
- Develop comprehensive operating plans, project timelines and budgets for each event project and ensure communication and implementation of the overall event marketing plan.
- Effectively monitor and control the sponsorship budget, tracking spending and follow up to ensure on time payments and delivery.
- Engage with owners of sponsorship properties to negotiate sound deals for the Bank.
- Evaluate specific sponsorships in order to determine the success and impact and present findings and insights through appropriate reports at the correct forums.
- Generate insights, new ideas and change of focus where necessary around existing sponsorship platforms and present opportunities to executive stakeholders.
- Identify CSI projects and initiatives while ensuring the selected activities are of high sustainable impact to the relevant beneficiary communities.
- Identify relevant business partners to execute specific CSI activities efficiently and effectively in order to mature brand equity through CSI investments.
- Identify through research or consultation with stakeholders, Corporate Social Investment (CSI) projects, initiatives and activities for the Bank to undertake in line with strategic aspirations.
- Identify viable means to leverage on each sponsorship property through careful evaluation of sponsorship opportunities. This includes the setting of targets, identifying measures of positive impact, identifying evaluation approaches/tools, and reporting.
- Lead and chair CSI Committee meetings, ensuring effective execution of resolutions agreed therein.
- Lead and drive all Brand and Marketing events. Management Policy, Virtual Event Management, Procurement and Compliance Governance.
- Lead and drive sponsorship leverage for the Bank through annual and quarterly planning.
- Lead the acquisition of branded promotional items, indoor and outdoor marketing collateral and maintenance of stock records thereof to ensure the budget is optimally used to the benefit of successful events and brand equity.
- Monitor and control the Corporate Social Investment budget to ensure on time payments and delivery and effective cost control
- Perform post event analysis based on quantitative and qualitative data and interviews in order to identify opportunities to improve future events and share insights and best practices across the Brand and Marketing Function.
- Plan and execute effective event planning and management services to Client Segments within the country to ensure delivery of high-quality functions that will support business strategies and reinforce brand image and affinity.
- Proactively seek sponsorship opportunities aligned to Brand and Marketing aspirations in order to support business objectives and enhance the brand equity through sponsorships.
- Provide effective communication of sponsorship activities to relevant stakeholders to ensure transparency and enable effective decision making at Exco level.
- Provide subject matter input to the Procurement Function to ensure that preferred suppliers are contracted and well-managed to execute event plans and benefit from bulk-buy / advance booking savings.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments and regional trends as it relates to event management in order to establish best-in-class events.