Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
• Degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Banking or Economics.
• Strong knowledge of Banking laws regulations, both local and cross border especially operations of financial institutions business products, practices and systems/technology.
• Demonstrated experience of minimum 6 years in the financial services industry with 3 years in compliance.
Key Result Areas
• Embedding the regulatory compliance risk management framework and methodology.
• Liaising between the business and the various regulators and is responsible for aiding in responding to and/or providing advice on substantive queries.
• Tracking regulatory developments in the form of legislative, judicial and regulatory prescription and developments that impact the bank.
• Carrying out an impact assessment as well as crafting and cascading a compliance matrix to guide the business comply with new laws.
• Dealing with specific regulatory orders, directives and findings and keeping a database of such for tracking purposes as well as escalating timeously, to ensure compliance and closure of issues.
• Provide Regulatory Compliance and Policy Support and on-going compliance methodology training to all compliance staff in line with the compliance charter and manual.
• Provision of specialist Compliance support and commercially sound compliance guidance and advice in respect of applicable regulatory requirements and business policies to country compliance officers and business units to protect the business from Conduct Risk failings.
• Establishing and implementing a clear compliance risk management framework, setting common standards and assessing adherence thereto, providing training, creating awareness and assisting with the overseeing of compliance monitoring (where relevant)