Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Degree in Banking Business, Commerce or equivalent.
- At least 4 years working experience in a similar position.
Key Result Areas
- Facilitate the creation of 1-2 year operational plans for the business unit or function by coordinating the inputs from different areas, checking the
validity of the plans against strategic objectives.
- Coordinate the planning of the annual operational budgets together with Finance. Provide a high level insight to Finance on the operational
priorities of the business area.
- Engage with data teams to obtain business intelligence and management information that would be needed for the business area. Ensure that the
reports are prepared at the required frequency and distributed to decision makers.
- Review change impact assessments that are provided by Project
- Management Offices. Incorporate changes into operational plans for the business area.
- Provide input to the leadership of the area in terms of changes that could have an adverse impact and provide supporting information to allow them
to renegotiate the timing and deliverables.
- Frequently engage with Vendor Management to monitor vendor utilisation, pricing, vendor performance and contract expiry dates.
- Participate in the definition of business requirements during the development of new RFP& (Requests for Proposal).
- Monitor benefits realisation of in-flight projects as well as projects that have moved into business as usual state.
- Review the financial mandates that are in place for the business area on at least an annual basis, together with Finance.
- Provide input into the planning of audits and assurance reviews by providing an overall view of the state of the business area. Ensure that audit plans fit in to operational calendars and pressures in the business unit.
- Coordinate the efforts to collate evidence for auditors or assurance teams by acting as a central point of contact into the business area. Participate in the creation of audit remediation plans. Put mechanisms in place to track the progress of the remediation activities in the business area.
- Ensure that the area&#Compliance Officer is known to all key members of the business area leadership and key employees.
- Ensure that the business area has a robust business continuity management plan. Enlist the support of internal specialist teams to
improve the plans. Participate in planning business continuity tests.
- Regularly engage with the Business Information Officer (BIO) assigned tothe business area. Review operational performance and system stability
for all core systems in use in the business area.
- Participate in the development of business cases for the area for changes in organisation structure, processes or technology use by obtaining
support from change, technology and finance teams.
- Coordinate the engagement between the Business Information Officer and the leadership of the business area for the definition of service expectations for run and change support.
- Enlist the support of technology teams to provide support on data storage and knowledge banks for the business area.
- Monitor the access to secured folders and data storage tools and ensure that user profiles are updated frequently.
- Participate in the negotiation of internal service level agreements with other business areas that are dependent on the delivery of the supported business area.
- Ensure that, where formal agreements are needed, they are documented, signed off and properly stored.
- Resolve escalated complaints from members of the teams around building maintenance, logistics, facilities and supporting services.
- Ensure that administrative support for the logging of Team
- Track/technology requests as well as building management issues is provided to the business area.
- Provide secretarial services to the key decision making committees in the business area.
- Ensure that there is appropriate governance and record keeping around terms of reference of the committees, agendas, attendance and decisions taken.
- Enlist the support of business process management teams to create and
update all key processes in the area.
- Ensure that the processes are signed off by line process owners and made available to employees who execute steps in the processes.
- Maintain a process review calendar to ensure that all key processes are reviewed for completeness and accuracy at least once a year.contracted.
- Communicate the process and service expectations from the communications team to the business area.
- Facilitate engagement with the communications team on request.
- Maximise income of the unit through identifying sales opportunities and promotion of Bank’s product offering to existing clients, identify/implement generic opportunities and participate in/drive relevant client events.
- Maintain awareness and working knowledge of the range of banking and investment services
- Identify and manage business risk indicators in day to day processes, while ensuring satisfactory audits and no material breaches.
- Ensure compliance with and maintain an awareness of anti-money laundering laws, applicable regulations and legislation and adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
- Act as a senior point of escalation for urgent resolution of incidents, to ensure smooth day to day operations.
- Provide support to Business Line managers in dealing with complex clients and resolving issues. Foster a collaborative and client-focused relationship with all internal stakeholders to deliver solutions that are effective, pragmatic, and risk appropriate.
- Participate in specific projects and change initiatives as required to support the business by attending working groups, following up actions and assist with implementing changes.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of new projects or system implementation initiatives.
- Deliver in accordance with the priorities as set by the Business Unit Head to achieve the objectives of the Business Unit
- Acquire a detailed understanding and knowledge of the individual areas which need to be aggregated to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Understand the data and articulate it in a manner that fosters an understanding of the business at all levels within the area
- Understand the key sources of data origination within the area
- Extract, aggregate and review relevant data to represent a consolidated area view to the agreed timetables, standards and requirements
- Present analysis and commentary that accurately addresses requirementsas agreed by the Business Head which highlights material variances against budget, plans and forecasts
- Prepare management packs in a timely manner for review which will be discussed in the area’s Manco meetings
- Preparation of financial information on a timely basis to stakeholders, including volumetric, headcount and any other pertinent information
- Understand the cost and recovery dynamics of the area and how it impacts relevant stakeholders and ensure that operational effectiveness is
achieved through continuous monitoring of adherence to internal processes pertaining to cost and recovery
- Liaise with stakeholders and guide Business Line managers to ensure timelines are adhered to
- Plan and co-ordinate ad hoc requests with Business Line Managers and/or stakeholders in a timeous and accurate manner
- Engage collaboratively with the Business Unit Head to prepare and implement projects across the area where new temporary requirements
emerge or projects are required to execute changes in people, processes or technology
- Ensure all reporting is produced according to agreed requirements in standardised formats and at the required frequency driving efficient and effective decision making by the area’s
- Regularly engage with the Business Line Managers to identify areas in which further insight or analysis is required
- Engage and develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders at varying levels of responsibility.
- Obtain an understanding of the business environment to add value to multi-tiered stakeholders
- Influence stakeholders by challenging the status quo and providing innovative ideas
- Manage stakeholder expectations appropriately within the agreed timetables, standards and requirements Participate in the effective change management of all business initiatives with the relevant stakeholders.