Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Degree in Accounting or similar from a recognized and reputable tertiary institution.
- Qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CIS, ICTA or similar.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in accounting preferably in taxation and
- Ability to analyze and interpret tax legislation.
- Ability to draft tax opinions.
- Comprehensive understanding of Banking regulatory reporting rules.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
Key Result Areas
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support on business operational matters.
- Offer recommendations on strategies to legally minimize tax liabilities.
- Undertake research and planning on the tax impact of proposed specific Bank transactions.
- Review tax opinion and advice received from independent tax consultants.
- Review policy pronouncements and changes in regulations and assess the impact on the Bank.
- Review current tax and deferred tax provision computations for accuracy and completeness.
- Carryout tax reconciliation between current and deferred tax and compute the effective tax rate.
- Prepare tax forecasts for input into the Bank’s consolidated budget.
- Prepare tax pack for external auditors and attend to and resolve audit queries.
- Track and analyze changes in financial reporting standards as they relate to tax.
- Review periodically the Bank’s Trial Balance for adequate tax treatment of income, expenditure,
assets and liability transactions.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of regulatory returns to external regulatory authorities
such as RBZ, DPC and SECZ.
- Monitor and keep track of changes in the regulatory environment and assess the impact of such
changes on the Bank’s compliance status.
- Co-ordinate the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and ensure the
report is submitted to RBZ within the set timeline.
- Research and understand tax implications on intercompany and external transactions.